2016-17 Evergreen School District Foundation
Imagination Grant Guidelines
In the 2016-17 academic year, the Evergreen School District Foundation (ESDF) will provide grants for educational projects. Professional staff, within Evergreen Public Schools, is eligible to apply for grants aligning with the district’s strategic plan for educational excellence. The ESDF’s allocation strategy will focus on grants providing the best utilization of the district and foundation’s resources.
Imagination Grant Process
Imagination Grants Criteria
- Complete application for grant. Submit to building principal for signature.
- All applications are open from October 1, 2016 – April 1, 2017 and need to be submitted electronically through the ESDF Website.
- The appropriations committee is comprised of a committee from ESDF Board.
- All applicants will receive direct notification of award decisions.
- All grant recipients must fill out a Project Completion Report, signed by the building principal after project completion, and submitted by June 30, 2017 for school year projects and September 30, 2017 for summer programs.
- In order to be considered for future grant funding, applicants must fill out Project Completion Reports completely and return to the ESDF.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek matching funds through grants, PTA/PTOs and other funding sources.
- Distribution to begin December 2017.
Application and Awards
- Programs supporting educational essentials in the classroom/school will be considered.
- Areas included are those that would be advantageous for students’ educational success
- Preference will be given to applications for classrooms that use imaginative approaches to student success
- Eligibility for all grants or continuing programs is contingent upon submission of all applicable Project Completion Reports from prior grant cycles. If a PCR was not received from the previous year, grants will not be considered.
- Only one grant submission per teacher will be considered by ESDF.
- Non-fundable requests include teacher release time, salaries, food for celebrations, clothing, direct gifts, and prizes.
- Applications requiring purchase and/or usage of technology-related equipment will be sent to the IT Department of the Evergreen Public Schools for approval before consideration.
- Awards must be utilized for the program elements as requested in the original grant application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants must meet ESDF grant criteria, submit a complete application package for consideration, and receive endorsement from the school principal. Grants will be evaluated based on the following five impact areas:
||Number and groups of students, communities
||Duration, creativity and completeness
||Well defined and supported program, clear metrics
||Involvement in ESDF sponsored events
Grant recipients must submit a Project Completion Report by June 30, 2017 for school year projects and by September 30, 2017 for summer programs.
For questions please contact Rebecca Bafus at:
360-604-4022 or email email@example.com